The Ram Rail product range in the field of measurement instrumentation covers not only the simple portable tools but also devices for the inspection and recordation of the state of the rail head profile as well as complex measuring systems integrated in the body of the working vehicle for the detection of longitudinal aberrances.
The Profile Gauge is a simple device for the inspection of different rail profiles and gauge correction profiles. Changeable angle-scaled profile templates enable an application to flat bottom as well as to grooved rails of all international profiles and gauges. The Profile Gauge is a very useful tool for work preparation and quality inspection.
Significant features and key benefits of the profile gauge:
- Robust and simple construction
- Easy tu use
- Removable for simple transport
- Simple change of target templates of different rail head transversal profiles
- Integrated height adapter for application of the template in sections of guide rail, guard rail or crossings
- Adjustable gradient of the templates: 1:40; 1:20 und 1:∞
- Safe determination of rail head inclination in reference to the safety rail
- Engraved angle and track geometry graduations for estimation of aberrations and derivation machining strategies
- Application on nearly all current track undergrounds.
LMD 2-2 (Longitudinal Measuring Device) consists in a range of measuring devices integrated in the construction body of a rail grinder and is used for the detection of aberations of the longitudinal rail profile. The digital measuring procedure is simultaneously effected on both rails. The data are automatically and contineously recorded. The device features precision, is easy to use and to transport and works safely even under extreme operating conditions. Directly after the measuring procedure the recorded data are displayed on the screen. The evaluation of the collected data is effected in the required wave bands according to Deutsche Bahn AG regulation DB Ril 824.
TMD 1-2 (Transverse Measuring Device) is a portable measuring device for digital measurement recording of the transverse rail profile.
It features precision, is easy to use and applicable even under extreme operating conditions. The measurement data are automatically recorded and can be transmitted by USB to a PC for a further analysis.
Directly after the measuring procedure the recorded measurement curve can be displayed on the screen and compared to the correspondent target profile. The evaluation of the collected data is effected by a special and available software Profilsoft developed by L&S which accords to the requirements of Deutsche Bahn AG DB Ril 824.